Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Just for fun.


Saturday I drove across the river to take some pictures. These are the kind of shots that I really enjoy taking. Feedback would be great.


This old warehouse really caught my eye. It looked sad and lonely. Forgotten even though it's surrounded by busy streets, row homes and one of my favorite antique shops. I thought the way the building was deteriorating, or being pulled apart was interesting. There's no roof on most of it. And since there are no sides , the floors and the boards that make up the remaining piece of the roof are exposed.
I know this is what most people would call an eye-sore. But I guess part of the reason why I love buildings like this is because they have history. Someone probably laid those boards and nailed them into place by hand. People worked on these floors...okay now I'm rambling. But anyway, that's the feeling behind them. The goal is to make you feel something.

9 comments:

DeGooyer Family said...

These are great!! I'm not an expert, but I think they look great.

Tif Sweeney said...

In my personal opinion . . . I love shots like these, and these ones turned out great!! Love, love, love them!! :)

Gretchen said...

I am madly in love with that first shot. If I could have my way though I'd crop out the water tower (is that what they're called?). The pics make me want to trespass in the wee morning hours and check out the interior myself. Any takers?

Danette said...

I love the black and white shots. You are a pro. I want a family pic taken at a spot like this. Next time I go to NYC I'll give ya a call and head your way!

hayley said...

LOve the pictures. Both of them equally. I can't say why I like them so much. Maybe like you said, the history or just simply the uniqueness of the building.

hayley said...

I mean the first two.

rebecca said...

These already look very professional! Wow! You are great!

Jill said...

Amazing I love them!

Jamie said...

Those look really good! Once the weather gets nice (and stays nice) I'll have to take you to that house on the rail trail that is little falling all over itself. You'll love it!